Local Historic District
Wake Forest officially designated its first historic district on May 10, 1979. The district runs along North Main Street, once called "Faculty Avenue" because of all the professors who lived there, extending from North Avenue to Oak Avenue, and along North Avenue and East South Avenue. Because this was the only historic district in Wake Forest for 20 years most local residents still think of this as the historic area. Most of the larger homes, mostly associated with the college, are located here.
In order to protect the integrity of this historic district, properties located here are required to receive a Certificate of Appropriateness prior to most exterior work, renovations, and/or changes, other than minor repairs. This historic district is included, in its entirety, within the Wake Forest Historic District listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
|Medlin-Cooke Building (1905)||South Brick House (1837)|
|Brewer-Stryer House (1892)||Davis-Bush House (c. 1905)|
|Powers- Arrington House (1910)||Calvin Jones House (c.1820)|