J.B. Flaherty Park
Located at 1100 N. White St., this 100-acre park includes a community center, three lighted baseball and softball fields, a children’s playground, outdoor fitness court, picnic shelter, two recreational ponds, four lighted pickleball courts, and four lighted tennis courts.
Amenities and Features
- 100-acre park
- playground with slides and swings
- three lighted baseball and softball fields
- picnic shelter
- Outdoor fitness court
- two ponds - bank fishing is allowed with proper permits and licenses
- four lighted pickleball courts
- four lighted tennis courts
Park is open daily from dawn to dusk.
Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
Smoking is limited to parking areas only.
Use of personal grills (gas and/or charcoal) is prohibited.
Dogs must be on a leash. Also, please clean up after your dog. Dog waste receptacles and bags are provided.
J.B. Flaherty Park is located at 1100 N. White Street in Wake Forest, NC. The land where the park sits was originally a 160-acre farm owned by the Flaherty Family.
Two tracts of land used for the J.B. Flaherty Park was gifted to the Town of Wake Forest by the Flaherty family, namely Margaret (widow of J B Flaherty) and J. Rupert Flaherty in 1993. A third tract was gifted by the family in December 1999. Today, the 100-acre park includes a community center, three lighted baseball and softball fields, a children’s playground, picnic shelter, two recreational ponds, four lighted pickleball courts, and four lighted tennis courts.
Researched and written by Adrian Schaller, Parks, Recreation and Cultural Resources Advisory Board
- Connections…100 years of Wake Forest History, Carol Pelosi Copyright 2008