If Your Pipes Freeze

During periods of colder weather, the Town of Wake Forest and the City of Raleigh Public Utilities Department (CORPUD) typically field calls from customers reporting broken water pipes.

When pipes break between the water meter and the home or within the home, the customer is responsible for repairs.

Since CORPUD operates and maintains Wake Forest's water system, it is responsible for repairing any damage to pipes between the water main under the street and the meter, or in the main itself, which rarely happens since water runs continuously in the mains.

For more information, call CORPUD on weekdays between 8 a.m. at 919-996-4540. On nights and weekends, call 919-829-1930.