Picture Flaherty Dog Park
The Recreation Advisory Board hosted two public meetings in July 2019 to solicit public input concerning renovations to Flaherty Dog Park.
“Picture Flaherty Dog Park” was the name of the Town's effort to solicit public comments about the future of the park.
Anyone who was unable to attend one of the meetings was encouraged to share their comments online in a survey that was available through Aug. 3.
About Flaherty Dog Park
The Town of Wake Forest opened Flaherty Dog Park in June 2007. Located at 1226 N. White St., the three-acre park features a paved entrance and two exercise areas. Each of the fenced areas – one for small dogs and one for larger dogs – includes grass cover, picnic tables, shade trees, waste stations and a water fountain for both dogs and people. The fenced areas are accessed through a double-gated entry system designed to allow dog owners the opportunity to remove or fasten dog leashes prior to entering or exiting the facility.
Flaherty Dog Park is open free to the public daily from dawn until dusk. Before visiting the park, area dog owners are encouraged to review the Dog Park Rules of Conduct.