Easter Egg Hunt
2023 Easter Egg Hunt | Saturday, April 1 | E. Carroll Joyner Park
The Wake Forest Parks, Recreation & Cultural Resources Department is hosting its annual Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday, April 1. Presented by Bumgarner & Martin Orthodontics and Skylift Garage Doors, this year's egg hunt will again take place at E. Carroll Joyner Park, 701 Harris Road.
Over 15,000 eggs will be hidden at this year’s Easter Egg Hunt! The egg hunt will feature a pre-party with music, fun and games that will begin at 10 am. The egg hunts will begin a short time later with separate areas for varying age groups. The age groups will include the youngest participants (0–3 years) and end with ages 10–12.
Bring your own basket and arrive early for good parking!
Egg Hunt Times
Ages 3 & younger AND ages 10-12 – 11 am
Ages 4-6 AND ages 7-9 – 11:30 am
Egg-ceptional Hunt for children with special needs – 11:45 am
In the coming days, we'll provide an event map that highlights important points of interest at this year's Easter Egg Hunt, including egg hunt locations and parking.
In the event of inclement weather, the Easter Egg Hunt may be relocated inside the Joyner Park Community Center, 701 Harris Road.
Smart phone users who have downloaded the Town of Wake Forest app will receive a push notification message informing them of any schedule changes. Updates will also be provided on our Facebook page and by calling the Wake Forest Weather Line at 919-435-9569.
Know Before You Go
- Arrive early for best parking.
- New this year, our Easter Egg Hunt Pre-Party at 10 a.m. will feature music, inflatable attractions, balloon artists, Easter bunny photos, and more!
- Bring your own basket to collect eggs.
- Please ensure your child only participates in the hunt for their age group.
- If your child does not get an egg, please visit the Town of Wake Forest tent to receive an egg.
- Egg Hunts will start promptly at the times listed and only last about 2-3 minutes each.
- Parents, guardians, and/or older/younger siblings are NOT permitted in the egg hunt field to help pick up eggs. Exception: One adult per child is permitted to help for the 0-3 age group ONLY. Adults should only be assisting the child not collecting eggs for them.
- No pushing, shoving, or unsportsmanlike behavior.
- Please exit the egg hunt area as soon as you have finished collecting your eggs so staff can reset the field for the next egg hunt. You may go through your eggs outside of the egg hunt area.
Area businesses and organizations are supporting the 2023 Easter Egg Hunt by donating prizes for the event. Donors are acknowledged online and displayed on a sign at the event. To donate for this year's event, contact Marketing & Business Relations Associate, Amanda Cochrane. Gender neutral prizes are preferred. Examples include: Easter baskets, bicycles, movie tickets, kid's activity passes, toys, games and books.
Thank you to our 2023 prize donors!
- Avance Care North Wake Forest
Benchmark Community Bank
- Billy the Handyman
Carolina Orthodontics & Children’s Dentistry
- Carolina Legacy Volleyball Club
Civic Federal Credit Union
Enhance Dental at Heritage
- Fidelity Bank
Hill Ridge Farms
Image360 North Raleigh/Wake Forest
- Jeremiah's Italian Ice - Wake Forest
Marquee Cinemas - Wakefield
- North Carolina FC Youth
- Norwex - Sheryl Fauceglia
Page 158 Books
- Perkins Counseling & Psychological Services
- Planet Smoothie - Wake Forest
Polar Ice House
- Relevate - Real Estate Elevated
Sports Clips Haircuts of Wake Forest
Strike & Barrel
Hill Ridge Farms
Texas Roadhouse Wake Forest
The Pace at Holding Village
- Triangle Family Dentistry
Vision Martial Arts
- Wake Forest Optimist Club
Wake Forest Charter Academy
Wake Forest Coffee Company
- Wells Family Dental Group
To receive email notifications concerning special events in Wake Forest, sign up for E-Notifier.