Purnell Road Bridge Replacement
- Feb. 23 - June 22, 2015 (120 days)
- Dates are subject to change
- The bridge has been deemed functionally obsolete. This means that while the bridge remains safe, it require repairs and was built to design standards no longer used for bridges. It also needs to be replaced to meet current and future traffic demands.
- View/Download the project fact sheet
- A detour route will direct traffic to use Capital Boulevard, Jenkins Road and Thompson Mill Road to bypass the bridge construction during the duration of this project.
- View the detour map
- Driving through construction zones can be somewhat tricky, but motorist safety is our top concern.
- Motorists are reminded that weather and road conditions can change rapidly and should plan accordingly.
- When traveling through a construction area, drivers, bicyclists and pedestrians are asked to be patient, proceed with caution and obey flaggers at all times.
- Dates, times and work locations are subject to change due to inclement weather or last-minute changes in work schedules.
Operation Bridge Exchange App
Android and iPhone users can have a handy pocket guide to "Operation Bridge Exchange" in the palm of their hands by downloading the Town of Wake Forest app and using the app's "Operation Bridge Exchange" function. Designed to offer smart phone users instant access to important details about the Wake Forest area's four scheduled bridge replacement projects, the function includes the complete construction schedule, an interactive map, links to the scheduled detours, and more.
IPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, and Android users can download the town's free app by searching for "Town of Wake Forest" on iTunes, in the iPhone app store, or in Google Play or by scanning the appropriate QR code.