From January through April 2018, the Renaissance Centre will partner with The Joel Fund to offer photography, drawing, painting, sculpting and writing classes for local veterans and their families through Operation A.R.T. - a collaborative project designed entirely for active and military personnel in and around our community.
The classes will meet according to the following schedule:
- Photography (Session One) - Mondays, Jan. 8-Feb. 5; 6-7:30 p.m.
- Photography (Session Two) - Wednesdays, Feb. 7-Mar.7; 6-7:30 p.m.
- Photography ( Session One Repeat) - Mar 7-April 4;3-4:30pm
- Intro to Drawing - Feb.1-Feb.22;3-4:30pm
- Heroic Mask Sculpting - Mondays, Feb.12-Mar.18; 6-7:30pm
- Foundations in Painting and Drawing Fridays, April 20-May 25; 3-4:30pm
- Charcoal Drawing Workshop - April 14: 1-4pm
- Art Exhibit and Musical Performance - June 24; 3-5pm
The cost for each four-week class is $25 and includes all materials.
However, The Joel Fund is offering scholarships.
Each class is limited to the first 15 people to register.
For more information, including details about The Joel Fund scholarships, contact Renaissance Centre Specialist Debra Horton at 919-435-9566.
The Wake Forest Renaissance Centre is inviting local veterans and their families to the Operation A.R.T. Open House on Thursday, Jan. 11, 2018, from 6-7:30 p.m. in the Arts Annex, 405 S. Brooks St.
The Jan. 11 Open House is an opportunity for active military, veterans and their families to learn about class offerings, tour the studios and register.