Utility Bill Refunds
If a customer has a credit balance on his or her bill, the Town of Wake Forest will adhere to the following procedure:
- The Town will, at its option, refund to the customer or credit the customer's account, without interest, the excess amount, subject to the following limitations:
- If the time period can be determined, the Town of Wake Forest should credit or refund the excess amount for that entire interval, provided that such time period shall not exceed two years.
- If the time frame cannot be determined, the Town of Wake Forest will refund the excess amount charged during the previous 12 months.
- If the exact amount cannot be determined, the Town of Wake Forest should estimate the amount due.
- If customer owes a past due balance to the Town of Wake Forest, the Town will deduct that past due amount from any refund or credit due the customer.
- If customer owes the Town of Wake Forest on another account, the Town will apply the credit to that past due account.
- If it is determined that a refund is due, a check will be processed and mailed within two weeks.
Customers who do not receive a refund check within two weeks or who have misplaced a refund check should contact Claudia Bradley at (919) 435-9464.