The Wake Forest Parks and Recreation Department offers athletic programs for boys and girls, ages five and older. The youth athletics participant fee for residents is $40 per player (per season) and $80 per player (per season) for non-residents.
A registration form is required for each participant/season. A copy of the participant's birth certificate is required for all first-time registrants.
- WFPRD offers leagues for boys and girls ages 5-17.
- Registration is held throughout September of each year. Returning participants may register online by clicking HERE. New participants must complete the registration form and provide proof of age (birth certificate).
Baseball & Softball
- Spring/Summer Leagues
- WFPRD offers T-ball, baseball, and softball leagues, age 5-17.
- Dream League baseball is offered for participants with special needs for players age 5-21.
- Registration is held throughout February of each year.
- WFPRD offers fall baseball and softball leagues for players age 6-16.
- Registration is held throughout June of each year. To place your child onto the waiting list for the 2013 fall leagues, please dial 919.435.9560.
Track & Field
- WFPRD has partnered with NC Speed Academy to offer an introduction to track and field for youth ages 6-18 (age determined by age on January 1, 2013).
- Participants will learn the proper running technique and gain experience in their choice of the following Olympic running events: 100, 200, 400, 800, 1500, 3000 meters.
- Participants will also have an opportunity to be exposed to hurdles, long jump, high jump, shot put, and discus.
- Program has concluded for 2013.
- Leagues, lessons, and clinics are offered by the Wake Forest Area Tennis Association through a partnership agreement with the Wake Forest Parks & Recreation Department.
- To view available programs, click HERE.