The Wake Forest Parks and Recreation Department offers athletic programs for boys and girls, ages five and older. The youth athletics participant fee for residents is $40 per player (per season) and $80 per player (per season) for non-residents.
Online registration is available for youth athletics. However, new participants must complete the registration form and provide a birth certificate.
- WFPRD offers leagues for boys and girls ages 5-17.
- Registration is held throughout September of each year. Returning participants may register online. New participants must complete the registration form and provide proof of age (birth certificate).
Baseball & Softball
- WFPRD offers fall baseball and softball leagues for players age 6-16.
- Registration is held throughout June of each year. To place your child onto the waiting list for the 2013 fall leagues, please dial 919-435-9560.
Track & Field
- WFPRD has partnered with NC Speed Academy to offer an introduction to track and field for youth ages 6-18 (age determined by age on Jan. 1, 2013).
- Participants will learn the proper running technique and gain experience in their choice of the following Olympic running events: 100, 200, 400, 800, 1500, 3000 meters.
- Participants will also have an opportunity to be exposed to hurdles, long jump, high jump, shot put, and discus.
- Program has concluded for 2013.
- Leagues, lessons, and clinics are offered by the Wake Forest Area Tennis Association through a partnership agreement with the Wake Forest Parks & Recreation Department.
- View all available programs