The Town of Wake Forest is seeking volunteers to work three-hour shifts at the guest services desk at town hall, 301 S. Brooks St.
Volunteers are needed on a regular basis or as a substitute to work the following shifts:
- 8 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- 2 p.m. - 5 p.m.
- Welcome and greet visitors to town hall
- Direct individuals to appropriate offices at town hall
- Answer general questions in person and on the telephone regarding town services
- Provide tours of town hall
Volunteers may bring a book, knitting, or other related activity for slow periods.
Desirable knowledge and skills
- Friendly and outgoing
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Interest in and knowledge of the Wake Forest Community
- Willingness to deal with diverse populations and personalities
- Complete and submit a volunteer application
- Work in three-hour shifts at least twice per month
- Attend a mandatory training session
- Complete and submit a background check form
Volunteer application forms may be optained at the first floor information desk of the Wake Forest Town Hall, 301 S. Brooks St., at the front desk at the Northern Wake Senior Center, 235 E. Holding Ave., and online.
Completed forms may be mailed or delivered to town hall, c/o Guest Services Volunteer Application, 301 S. Brooks St., Wake Forest, NC 27587, or faxed to (919) 435-9419.
For more information about the program, contact Jannie Chaffin at 919-435-9467 or firstname.lastname@example.org.