The Town of Wake Forest enlists volunteers, as needed, to work three-hour shifts at the guest services desk, located in the lobby at town hall, 301 S. Brooks St.
Participating volunteers are invited to sign up on a regular basis or as a substitute to work the following shifts:
- 8 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- 2 p.m. - 5 p.m.
- Welcome and greet visitors to town hall
- Direct individuals to appropriate offices at town hall
- Answer general questions in person and on the telephone regarding town services
- Provide tours of town hall
Volunteers may bring a book, knitting, or other related activity for slow periods.
Desirable knowledge and skills
- Friendly and outgoing
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Interest in and knowledge of the Wake Forest Community
- Willingness to deal with diverse populations and personalities
- Complete and submit a volunteer application
- Work in three-hour shifts at least twice per month
- Attend a mandatory training session
- Complete and submit a background check form
The Town of Wake Forest is not currently accepting volunteer applications.
During periods when volunteer applications are being accepted, application forms may be obtained at the first floor information desk of the Wake Forest Town Hall, 301 S. Brooks St., at the front desk at the Northern Wake Senior Center, 235 E. Holding Ave. and online.
Completed forms may be mailed or delivered to town hall, c/o Guest Services Volunteer Application, 301 S. Brooks St., Wake Forest, NC 27587, or faxed to 919-435-9419.
For more information about the Guest Services Volunteer program, contact Finance Director Aileen Staples.