In accordance with the Daylight Savings Time change, the Wake Forest Parks and Recreation Department will close the outdoor restrooms and shut off the water fountains on Friday, Nov. 2, at the following town parks:
- Ailey Young Park, 800 Juniper Ave.
- E. Carroll Joyner Park, 701 Harris Road
- Heritage High School Park, Rogers Road
- Holding Park, 133 W. Owen Ave.
- J.B. Flaherty Park & Dog Park, 1226 N. White St.
- Taylor Street Park, 416 N. Taylor St.
The restrooms and water fountains are closed during the winter months to avoid water freezing in pipes and for general maintenance. However, the parks and recreation department reserves the right to alter the schedule depending on temperatures and weather conditions.
For more information, contact Parks & Recreation Director Ruben Wall at 919-435-9561 or firstname.lastname@example.org.