E. Carroll Joyner Park
701 Harris Road
- Restored Farm Buildings
The original farm structures included a mule barn, tobacco barn, and chicken coop. These have all been refurbished and a restored log cabin added so visitors can experience history firsthand.
- Pecan Grove
The majestic pecan grove, originally planted during the Great Depression, is managed to encourage an annual crop. New trees have been planted to fully restore and maintain the grove.
- 1,000-Lawn-Seat Amphitheater
The amphitheater is an excellent venue for the popular Six Sundays in Spring concert series which gets underway each April. The venue is also available for half-day and full-day rent.
- Walker Garden
Named in honor of Willie (Will) Lee and Mamie Tee Walker, who owned the farm for 36 years before selling it to Mr. Joyner in 1982, the Walker Garden boasts a formally arranged perennial garden enclosed by a picturesque stone wall. The space is a perfect setting for reading, painting, or quiet reflection.
- Performance Garden
This area offers an intimate setting that can accommodate approximately 150 people. It is ideal for poetry readings, music workshops, small symphony groups, and storytelling. The space is also available for half-day and full-day rent.
- 2,000 Linear Foot Stone Ribbon Wall
- Three Miles of Paved Walking Trails
- Charcoal grills
- Free-standing charcoal grills are located in the park available on a first-come basis.
- Bank fishing is allowed with proper permits and licenses.
- Joyner Park is 117 acres
- It is the town's newest and largest park
- The park is located one mile east of Capital Boulevard
- Scheduled for several phases of development, Phase I of Joyner Park was completed in late July 2009 and the park was opened to the public in August 2009
- The Wake Forest Parks & Recreation department received $750,000 in grants for the Phase I development, in addition to $3.5 million in bond proceeds
- Park open daily from dawn to dusk
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited
- Smoking is limited to parking areas only
- Use of personal grills (gas and/or charcoal) is prohibited
E. Carroll Joyner Park Rental