The mission of the Town of Wake Forest elected officials and staff, in cooperation with and on behalf of the residents, is to provide for the health, safety and welfare of the residents, property owners, and visitors, to fulfill the requirements placed on it by the state and federal governments, to facilitate the achievement of community goals by providing municipal services in a cost effective, customer friendly manner and to achieve this through an open, consensus driven process that treats all with respect.
The Town of Wake Forest is committed to continue building a community populated by diverse groups whose common bond is a love of our town. We recognize that those who lived here before us have forged our path and that we must learn from and respect their memory.
The Town of Wake Forest is working to maintain a distinctive community that blends its unique heritage with its vibrant future. Important elements of this vision are:
- Commercial services provided by locally owned and operated businesses that share in the building of our community while emphasizing the continued vitality of our downtown area.
- A comprehensive system of parks, greenways, facilities and open spaces coupled with cultural and recreational programs that promote health and welfare in a friendly, walkable community.
- Preservation, display and definition of historic properties.
- A balance of commercial development and a wide range of residential opportunities with high standards for all structures, landscaping and existing tree canopy.
- To cooperate with and support community organizations that unite our residents.
- To promote and encourage the educational, cultural and religious opportunities, which are the foundation of our town.