Flaherty Dog Park
1100 N. White St.
Flaherty Dog Park provides a place for dog owners to let their pets run free safely and legally without a leash. Located at 1100 N. White St., the park is approximately two acres in size and is located adjacent to the Flaherty Park baseball and softball fields.
Hours of Operation
- Access to the dog park is free.
Dog Park Features
- Five-foot high chain link fence, paved entrance and double gated entry
- Grass cover
- Picnic tables
- Water stations
- Posted rules of conduct
- Pet cleanup stations
Pet Owners - Please Note the Following
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited at all Town facilities
- Smoking is limited to parking areas
- In order to ensure the health and safety of park maintenance staff, the park will be closed for approximately 30 minutes weekday mornings between 8 am - 10 am while crews clean pet waste stations and empty trash receptacles.
- During grass-cutting season, crews will cut the grass at Flaherty Dog Park on Monday mornings. The facility will be closed during this time but in most instances will re-open by noon.
- Socializes and exercises dogs in a safe environment
- Promotes responsible pet ownership
- Provides elderly and disabled owners with an accessible place to exercise their companions
- Enables dogs to legally run off-leash
- Promotes public health and safety
- Provides a tool for realistic enforcement of dog control laws
For More Information
- Call 919-435-9560 (between 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- Emergencies: call 911